BEST Double Decker Bus.

September 15,Friday,2023,BEST had their Non A/C Double Decker Bus have it's last journey on Mumbai roads.we all Mumbaikars bid a tearful goodbye to a nostalgic trip in their childhood favorite BEST Red colored Double Decker Bus. My College days,12th std classes,and entire 2 yrs in Nair hospital during my Anaesthesia Post graduation days....2 buses....Route 66 and 69...had Double Decker BEST buses. Sitting on the top berth in the front seats...the windows overlooking the beautiful roads of Mumbai....as a kid,I would feel " I am Queen of Mumbai". The long wide footboard thr Double Decker bus had.....During college days,it was thrill jumping onto that wide footboard with Bus just starting to move. The Conductor standing on the footboard ringing the bell " Tring Tring"...... When I would be carrying many books while returning from my 12th std coaching classes,the passengers standing on the footboard would pull me into the bus. When I returned back to Mumbai after many years,the first thing my small kids got to enjoy was the Route66 BEST Double Decker bus ride from Sion Bus depot to Ballard Pier....A beautiful route covering many important places of Mumbai..... I felt emotional seeing my favorite BEST Double Decker Bus take its last ride back to the Depot. Adieu!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Mentors

Prodigal Love

How much......is too much?????