Story of Dedication and Grit

Story of Dedication and Grit..... Vithabai Bhau Mang Narayangaonkar....a reputed Tamasha Artist from Narayangaon. This lady was performing live on stage during her advanced pregnancy She was due anytime. While performing, she went into labor midway.....She went backstage,delivered her baby....herself cut the Umbilical cord......and what happened after this Surreal. Vithabai went on stage again immediately after birthing to perform her act...... A true story.....which highlights the grit of a woman as a mother.....and dedication of an Artist towards her Art and Audience. There have been many stories of brave women . Women are blessed by Almighty with Grit. She is dedicated and sincere towards anything,....every responsibility entrusted upon her. Whether a homemaker or a Professional.....women carry out their responsibilities with Love,Affection, Grit and Dedication. In this process,they tend to either neglect their pain and suffering.....or show utmost tolerance towards their discomfort. Some incidents of this quality of Women,I would want to share with you. I had come from my hostel unannounced during my 2nd MBBS. My Ajji was the only one in the house that time.She saw me at the door early morning. Seeing her grand daughter ,my Ajji got overwhelmed with happiness .She immediately went into the kitchen and prepared Avalakki and Tea. She kept them in front of me.....and laid down on the mattress . My mother came from her office after her night shift.She too had her breakfast. It was only after seeing both her loved ones finish the breakfast,....did she reveal about her severe chest pain she was experiencing since hours early morning. It was very heartwrenching seeing my grandmother tolerate her Heart attack severe pain just to feed her granddaughter first. This nature of caregiving and tolerance....the Grit to First do your duty as a Caregiver .....over their Discomfort and Suffering.......is epitome of every Woman Another story is my own....... I myself like any Professional Doctor have worked till the end stage of Labor. My first Pregnancy, I was working till 5 hours of my Labor. My second Pregnancy, I was into my last few days of Pregnancy.....just 15 days to complete 38 weeks ...... I was administering Anaesthesia to a C Section patient.....and I got Severe Pain.....the beginning of my Labor. Midway of the Csection, the Contractions became very Strong and so did the severity of Bone crushing Pain. With each contraction ,I would sit down and breathe through my mouth. I informed my Obstetrics FiL who was concentrating on the C section.....only after the entire operation got over. After my Operated patient got shifted to her ward.....did I express the severe excruciating Labor Pain........ Grit and Dedication towards our Duty..... Whether a Homemaker,or a Professional....or an Artist ......performing is priority. That attitude gives Women the strength of Tolerance. But I must tell you dear friends......this nature of Women does cause harm to them physically. Vithabai took great risk ...delivering a baby backstage herself and coming back to perform...... My Ajji not informing us for hours of tolerating a massive Heart attack...... Or myself putting my life and my baby's....when in Labor during Line of Duty..... I don't today advocate this attitude of Women...... But Nurturing is an intinct which comes into Females....whether Humans or Animals....at birth...... But yes....in circumstances Women do cross that line....which does prove unfavorable for them physically. Hey Woman.........Oh Woman....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Mentors

Prodigal Love

How much......is too much?????