Independence Day

 I want my Freedom......


I am Bharati....

I am 77 yrs free from British Rule today....

Every one is celebrating my Freedom....my Independence today.....

Am I really Free????

Am I really Independent of everyone and everything?????

I was a Sita once....who suffered due to a Man's Ego and Power.

I had to become a Kali to end the Tyranny and Violence of An Asura.....

I was a Nirbhaya who became a victim of Lust and backward mindsets.....

I became a Hapless Lady Doctor who got brutally assaulted and murdered when alone.......

I don't want people to pray me....

I don't want your protection....

I don't want you to put me on a high pedestal......

I don't want you to treat me as an " Object" of Desire or Worship or Possession. 

I want to be Me....an individual....my own entity....

I want Equality- ---- ,to exist,to educate,to work,to practice, to pray,to move around----- To Survive......

I dont want to be killed because of my gender,my honor,my thoughts, my actions......

I don't fight for reservations nor do I demand Respect.....nor do I expect privileges....

I want my Freedom.....

My Freedom to Live Independently 

Without any Curbs....

Without any Restrictions ......

Without any Fear....


Don't call me Devi,Mata,Sister,Behen,..

Call me By my Name.....

I am BHARATI.


- By Dr Tripti Milind Galgali 

Hubli.


Written on 15th August 2024,celebrating 78 yrs of Independence Day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Mentors

Prodigal Love

How much......is too much?????