Sewagram Diaries Part2

Sewagram Diaries Part 2 Dr TriptiGalgali 92B. Every Degree College- Any Field has Cultural Fest for students. In my time,1990s... IIT B had Mood Indigo....KEM,Mumbai had Malhar. MGIMS, Sewagram had fest twice a year. Ganesh and Annual Gathering. Ganesh was during Ganeshotsava.One Final MBBS year batch would be in charge.and performing batch would be Fresher batch. Both batches would be enthusiastic and energetic for obvious reasons. This Cultural fest would be held in Auditorium. Dance,Drama and most importantly Sargam. Annual Gathering- This Cultural Fest had Sports- Handball for girls,Cricket and volleyball for boys. Debate- during my time,Engineering college of Sewagram too had participated. Cooking competition- my batch had organized. Cultural hour- held on the big open ground. For 1992 B... In charge batch was 1989B. Student association....every alternate year.... President from North.....GS from Maharashtra....vice versa...........for 1992 President- Siroha( I hv forgotten his initials) from North. GS- Khandekar from Maharashtra.( I hv forgotten initials) Sargam in charge- Ashalata. Our batch danced Bharat Natyam- Tamil song frm movie Shankarabharanam. Myself and Janaki( 90B,Mumbai). Choreographed by Tejashree Shrotriya.( from Nasik). Pee Pee Piya- Hindi song. Performed by Ronja,Ratna,Ritu,Bhupendra,Parikshit, Raju Chaturvedi choreographed by SriVidya( 89B). Sargam singers- Suchi,Ramesh,Savinder,Shilpa and myself. My first non Classical performance in life and last performance on stage as singer. I sang Thandi Hawa Kaali Ghata......and forgot the lyrics of Antara. And confidently went with Nanna Nanna Nanna.....😳🙄😉 In Annual Gathering, we all girls did Fashion show under guidance of Dr Sadhana ( 85B,I presume...and was in Community Medicine) I think a Fashion Show was first time in MGIMS. It was fun Myself, Ratna,Sonali danced and rampwalked on Sunita Rao's hit song" Pari hoon Mein". The various other programs by our batch Romeo and Juliet- A twist in tale.written and directed by Sheetal Nangia( 92batch) Bhoot ka Pyaar-Musical Comedy.written and choreographed by me.Directed by Sheetal Purandare. Both plays had junior batch...94 and 95 B as performers. When my 92B became in charge of Students Association President- Rajnish Joshi ( Delhi) GS- Manish Dhabalia ( Mumbai). Sargam in charge- Suchi,Ramesh,Savinder. We had organized Debate,Cooking, and Fun Fair . For Cooking Contest,we students had prepared variety of dishes from our hostel rooms.I had named my dish " Hostel Special"... coz doodh aksar phat jaata tha....especially in summer. And Paneer mein sugar add karke, I made Kalakand. 😛🙂 Our Batch even released a College Magazine. Magazine Editor- Vandana Makkar. Highlight was Badi Behenji interview....about her favorite dish,song,place,moments etc. Sorry, I don't have a copy. Nor do I remember Magazine name. In our time between 92 - 96 ,we had Fun Fair. We students would put up stalls. There was a request stall....songs dedicated to loved ( Friend,Girl friend, Boy friend, Crush,and even enemies) would be played for some amount. Cold drink stall. Chat counter. I had kept a Cutlet and Burger counter with my batchmate Aparna Kaipa and Sheetal P. We had pay money for the stalls. Then there was the Annual Dinner. Faculty and Students both joined. This was the only time we girls entered Boys Hostel. 😃.so both parties used to be excited 😊 MBBS entire course was strenuous and stressful. But Cultural Fest and Sports added as stressbusters and gave all of us memories forever. Highlight of every Fest was late night practices and midnight Chai Samosas 😃🤓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Mentors

Prodigal Love

How much......is too much?????