The Sting of Words

 The Sting of Words.


" You can never become Doctor. Don't even think about getting into medical college. "

These harsh words said by a Teacher to me in 12th Standard after seeing my performance in weekly tests.
I was struggling with Physics.
However hard I was trying,the required performance and scores was just not reached.
The words stung hard.
As predicted, my scores in Physics in Board exams did come low and I couldn't reach the cutoff to secure a Medical seat in Mumbai.
I worked harder and got 10th rank in State quota of the All India Pre Medical test conducted by MGIMS, Sewagram.
5 and half years later.....I did become a Doctor.

Do I remember the teacher.....No.
But the sting of her words.....memory of the pain it caused to me.....Remain Forever.

Words are like that huge wave.....
Comes hits you ....
Goes back to the sea.....
But the debris of the sea thrown by the waves at the shores.....
Remain forever.

Nobody remembers the magnamity of the Waves....
But the debris it leaves back remain Permanent.


Words uttered may get  forgotten and so also the person. ....
But the sting of words and the pain  it has caused, remains forever in memory.

Was the Physics Teacher's reprimand and harsh words wrong?
No.She was trying to show me the reality though harsh.
But the sting was painful.

Few manage to make a positive change, after the sting ,by themselves.
Few need someone to help them heal from the pain of the sting.
While some unfortunately succumb to the sting and fail to heal from the pain permanently.

Words create huge impact on the person they are shot at.....
The shooter forgets completely.
But the one who bears the shot.....remembers them forever.

Let the words coming out of our mouth leave a positive impact on the person in front

One needs to be mindful of the words coming out of our mouth especially when in anger.....
Unless,you intentionally want to hurt the person in front.



- Dr Tripti Milind Galgali
Hubli 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25 years and more to come

Power of Inner Strength

Real vs Reel.