Have I MADE/ DONE enough?
Have I MADE / DONE enough?
Man is the most ambitious species on Earth.
Amongst all species,it's only the Human Race who evolved from a Monkey to Cave Man to current Digitalised Technoligy driven evolution.
It's unbelievable to actually see the transformation and evolution of Human Race.
Today,we have created through Artificial Intelligence, Humanoid Robots who can think exactly and even more ....work and perform even better than us.
Have we Made enough?????
The ambitious human right from birth wants more.
When the baby learns to sit,it wants to crawl.Once it starts to move around,the Aspiration is to walk out of the house to explore outside.
When in school,we aspire to grow up fast and explore the world around.
Youth fills us with Ambitions and Dreams.
Adulthood brings the vigor and enthusiasm to climb ladder to success.
Then,the list of Expectations towards ourselves and our Life grows and pushes us to Goals and Bucket List.
And......
Each time,henceforth, we start asking ourselves- Have I MADE enough????
Comparison.....
Adulthood is driven by Comparison.
We compare our life with one another.
If the other acquires more than us.....we despair.
We find happiness only when the other fails to " Make" what we have made.
That drives us to Envy and Vanity.
Today,Digitalisation and Modern Technology has made our Life more Materialistic.
Everything is easily available and accessible.
We compare and indulge.
Indulgence....
The more we indulge ....the more we ask ourselves...Have I Made enough????
Then the list starts growing.
The Life turns into a rat race.We start compelling and competing.
Competition.....
The aggressive human now forces self to acquire everything. Targets are laid.Perfection is strived.
The Aggression can't face failure and rejections......ends with Intolerance and Disappointment.
And starts asking desperately to self....
Have I Made anything?????
Ambition and Aggression impelled,pushed the Human Race to evolution .
The Desire to a better and comfortable life spearheads man to ever keep aspiring....and questioning.....Have I Made enough????
Desires are like Horizon.
Endless and Limitless.
But do we ever ask.....Have I DONE enough?????
One needs to appreciate one's achievements without comparison.
To enjoy the success and fruits of hard work ,one needs to analyse the journey of life and respect the path.
It's only after we learn to enjoy the journey at that moment....forget and forgive the past.....and not overthink about future.....
Drive our Goals more towards Contributions than Acquisitions .....
And ask ourselves - Have I DONE enough?????
Only then Life becomes more satisfying and meaningful.
Then we finally end our journey.......
And assure ourselves.....
Yes,I have " DONE" enough, indeed.
- Dr Tripti Milind Galgali.
Hubli.
Comments
Post a Comment