Must I be remembered???
" You are raising someone who will forget you."
A remark I heard in a podcast.
A Parent nurturing and Caring the child.
A Teacher imparting knowledge to the student..
A Leader mentoring the followers
A Doctor healing the patient...
Does the beneficiary remember the benefactor forever???
A thought occurred to me....
When I was nurturing and Caring my child,it never crossed my mind,whether my child must or will reciprocate back....
When I give Anaesthesia to my patient, I never think nor expect patient to remember me after recovery from Anaesthesia.
How necessary is validation for the work we do in our life?
Is it necessary for present generation to show gratitude to me for the work I have done in my lifetime?
Must the coming generation, whose attention span is few minutes( and they move on to the next reel), remember me????
How important is it to be remembered???
Am I or my work relevant only if both are recognized and remembered????
If one just does their work as a responsibility unconditionally and selflessly....
Without a thought of returns or reciprocal....
This world would be full of Empathetic Humanitarians.....without any Ego or Disappointment.
Does it mean,we don't document our work?
We need to document our work to guide the coming generations.
History teaches the next generation to not commit same mistakes, to correct mistakes and carry forward Legacy of the good work done by previous generation.
To summarize the lesson of life I have learnt....
I must never do any work with intention of gratitude or being remembered forever.
My work must teach current and coming generation something good to be continued as Legacy tomorrow.
Same time,they should learn from the mistakes I have made in my lifetime and correct them or not repeat them for performing their work much better.
- Dr Tripti Milind Galgali.
Hubli.
Comments
Post a Comment